Saturday 9 December 2017

Evaluation Question 2 Draft


Evaluation Question 2 How effective is the Combination of Your Main Product and Ancillary Texts?


The end results of my music video, digipak and magazine advert are very effective because they all flow together successfully in terms of branding of my artist. I have demonstrated this clearly as my artist’s performance in the music video is the main focus in the video, she is also on the digipack cover as well as on the back and inside of the digipack and she is also the main feature on my magazine advert. This is to give my artist identity so the audience can pair her name with her face. I wanted to make my artist relatable to the audience as this will make her appeal to them more over a unrelatable artist. I successfully did this by how I had my artist dress as I had her in fashionable clothing but also keeping a relatable fashion sense that the audience could relate to. Some examples of existing female artists that currently achieve this are Dua Lipa and Arianna Grande, who are unlike other existing female artists such as Lady Gaga and Katy Perry who dress in unrelatable artistic styles, I want my artist to be seen as the opposite of Lady Gaga and Katy Perry just like how Dua Lipa and Arianna Grande are. Another way that I successfully executed the relation of my Ancillary Texts for the branding of my artist is the woodland theme I created across them, on the cover of my Digipack and Magazine Advert my artist is pitured leaning against a tree, this is successful in how I want to brand my artist as relatable to the audience as she isn’t pictured with an artificial background which the audience can’t associate themselves with so by having a woodland background, my artist is seen as relatable and more appealing so the audience is more likely to buy the album.

1 comment:

Note To Examiner

Thank you for looking though my A2 coursework blog. I hope you enjoy looking at my media products and how they have developed though my rese...